The innovative environmental-tourism project “Protected Area Interpretation Centres” brings new investments and innovations in the field of heritage interpretation to the environment of the Kozjanski Park protected area, more specifically to Podsreda Castle.
The subject of the project is the renovation of two ground-floor rooms in the upper outbuilding of Podsreda Castle dating from the 18th century. centuries.
The first room will be A RECEPTION OFFICE for visitors to Kozjan Park and Podsreda Castle, which will serve as:
- INFO-TOČKA: obiskovalci gradu Podsreda in Kozjanskega parka pridobijo vse informacije o gradu Podsreda, Kozjanskemu parku, Biosfernem območju Kozjansko in Obsotelje, ter ostalih vključenih zavarovanih območij v projektu.
- RECEPCIJA: namenjena Sobam in apartmajem na gradu Podsreda.
- TRGOVINICA: a place for the sale and promotion of the Sožitje brand and other local products from the Obsotelje and Kozjansko region.
The second room, which will be connected to the entrance to the reception office, will be NatureInterpretation Centre of the Kozjan Park and the Kozjansko and Obsotelje Biosphere Area .
In the centre of the space will be a model of the whole area, with natural and cultural heritage points marked, and plaques presenting more detailed content. On a larger monitor, visitors will be able to choose from a variety of short educational films linked to established examples of good practice in nature conservation and cultural heritage.
The space will present the different ambiences that are key to the area in an innovative way:
- the Kozjan Park’s high herbaceous grassland orchard,
- Kozjan Apple Festival, the bee-keeper bird,
- Dry grasslands on Vetrnik,
- Gruska Cave natural attraction
- the valley of medieval squares (Pilštanj, Kozje, Podsreda).
DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF THE PROJECT
Lead partner: the LAS OBSOTELJE IN KOZJANSKO
Partners: the SOTLA DEVELOPMENT AGENCY, KOZJANSKI PARK, KOZJE MUNICIPALITY
The renovation of the upper outbuilding will achieve the following objectives:
- A permanent solution to the space constraints of the current reception office, located in the castle turret,
- Ensuring integrated provision of tourist information and information on the Kozjan Park protected area and the Kozjansko and Obsotelje Biosphere Reserve,
- Providing suitable premises for the sale and promotion of regional products,
- Increase the visibility of the Municipality of Kozje, the Kozjan Park and local providers,
- Visitors who are not interested in visiting the interior of Podsreda Castle, but only want tourist information or a tour of the castle, will be catered for. information about Kozjan Park.
For more information on the project, click here.