Dear friends of Podsreda Castle!
We are pleased to announce that Wednesday, 14. April 2021, WE REOPEN THE DOORS OF OUR GARDEN, which will be open every day, except Mondays, between 10. and 17. clock.
Podsreda Castle offers:
- in the basement of the castle, the nature of the protected area of the Kozjan Regional Park is presented;
- the historical presentation of Podsreda Castle is on display in the former living quarters of the south palace;
- the oldest part of the building houses a permanent exhibition of paintings by the Slovenian artist Francet Slana “WHEN THE GAME OF TRENUTH BECOMES TIMELESS”;
- the permanent glass exhibition “Caught in the Passion” displays objects that show part of the rich tradition of the Kozjan forest glassworks – glazing;
- The memorial room of Saint Emma, the former owner of the land on which Podsreda Castle stands, is dedicated to the memory of Saint Emma;
- The attic of Podsreda Castle has been chosen as a home for the little huffing visitors belonging to the bat species Lesser Horseshoe Bat. The presentation of bats in the attic of the castle is the last point of the Podsreda Castle Trail, which is located in the heart of the Kozjanska Park and is part of the Podsreda Walking Trail;
- a photographic exhibition on the natural value ZAGORSKI POTOK (ZAGORSKI POTOK) is on display in the basement of Podsreda Castle;
- The attic of the castle hosts two photography exhibitions, part of the Life Naturaviva project. Exhibition of the photo competition “Biodiversity – the Art of Living 2020” and Magical Nature 2019.
Castle adventures are waiting for you!
A magnificent medieval giant opens its doors and invites you to discover the castle’s secrets. Take part in a fun castle adventure to find the secret treasure in the Treasure Hunt adventure, visit interesting exhibitions and explore the historic rooms of the castle, from the castle dungeon and open hearth kitchen to the castle attic, home to bats, to the “where the emperor goes on foot” room…
For more info about our range of GREAT EXPERIENCES click -> HERE .
Working together for a healthy and safe visit
At a time of uncertainty due to the emergence of coronavirus, we are aware of the importance of safe, responsible and sustainable management.
That’s why at Podsreda Castle we have committed ourselves to the RESPONSIBLE TRAVEL STANDARDS OF SLOVAK TOURISM – GREEN&SAFE.
By adhering to high hygiene standards and protocols, as well as sustainability recommendations, we will ensure that your days of excursions and holidays at our destination are spent safely.
Now is the time to act responsibly, safely and sustainably.
Safety instructions for the castle tour:
- We will take precautions to ensure your safety and well-being during your visit. Please enter the castle without any signs of illness and observe the hand and cough hygiene prescribed by the NIJZ and follow the instructions of our staff.
- It is compulsory to wear your own protective mask in the castle and to keep the required distance between each other.
What to visit around the castle?
Podsreda Castle and its surroundings offer many opportunities for unforgettable adventures -> for more INFO CLICK HERE .
For unique ideas for an active trip-> CLICK HERE .
For Ideas for Family Experiences around Podsreda Castle -> CLICK HERE .